By David Kamioner | January 14, 2020
Tuesday’s Dem primary debate at 9pm EST at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa will be the most interesting so far in the series as the field has been winnowed down to six by candidate attrition and debate participation requirements.
Earlier in the series, the two or three hours had to be divided between a dozen or more candidates. But left standing are mostly the top tier who will now get a lot more time a piece to get their message out and bash their opponents.
The foremost drama going into the debate is the question of whether Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) told Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass) in December that a woman could not win the presidency in 2020. He says he didn’t say it. She says he did. They both can’t be telling the truth.
Start receiving the latest news from American patriot and former Navy SEAL Carl Higbie.
Here’s a quick rundown on what to watch for from the participating candidates:
- Joe Biden- Needs to avoid gaffes and shore up his lead. At least Sanders and Warren are gaining on him. Also, since the last debate, a judge ruled that his son, Hunter, is indeed the father of a stripper’s baby who Hunter repeatedly denied was his.
- Sanders- Will have to worry about a massive loss of female support if Warren nails him as a liar, although to his credit he might be the current front runner.
- Warren- If she can make Sanders look bad, and this one time I think she is telling the truth, she will pick up his hard-left vote and go to the front of the pack.
- Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)- Has to break out. Has to make a move that shows some gravitas.
- Mayor Pete Buttigieg (D-South Bend, IN)- Looks good in Iowa polls. May be the favorite in the hall tonight. But still not quite running with the big dogs.
- Tom Steyer- Has a lot of money and that’s it. Ran on impeaching Trump, as if a candidate could do that. Now stuck with a big nothingburger. Also, how does the only billionaire on stage defend socialistic doctrines like income equality as his colleagues will?
This piece originally appeared in LifeZette and is used by permission.
Read more at LifeZette:
Ricky Gervais Sends Defiant Message to Hollywood Haters, Defends ‘Accepting’ Conservative Fans
Meghan McCain And Adam Schiff Go At It On Impeachment On ‘The View’
Iranian Olympian Kimia Alizadeh Defects to the West Boldly Proclaiming ‘None of Us Matter to Them’
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Carl Higbie. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.