Qualified to serve CT-4 and our country:
Decorated Navy SEAL - 2 combat deployments to Iraq
Small Business Owner
Fox News Contributor
Author of "Battle on the Home Front"
Father, Husband, Patriot
My name is Carl Higbie and I am running for Connecticut's 4th district Congressional seat.
I fought for our country in Iraq twice as a Navy SEAL and now I've come back home to continue that fight here on the home front. I swore and oath to America; and to support and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. America is my mission and I will not fail.
While I was in the Navy, I published my first book, "Battle On the HomeFront" in an effort to point out our country's shortfalls, and they have gotten worse.
So now I'm taking a stand. This campaign is about solutions, not money and propaganda. I don't care about social issues, I care about what is dismantling our country and economy.
See where I stand on issues on this website, if you don't see an issue that concerns you please contact us.
Carl's Show - Mar 2 - Mar 8, 2014
This week's RenegadeTalk.FM show:
It is not about Guns people, this is about Freedom. I want to give you Freedom and let you protect it as you see fit, the left wants to give you everything just so long as they know you are reliant on them.
Vote with your head people.
Featured Issues - Feb 22 - Mar 1, 2014
The department of Veterans Affairs gets an “F” in my book. These idiots can’t process a claim in under two years for those who have served this nation. Even worse, it is nearly impossible to get someone on the phone; and when you do, all they can tell you is how they don’t know anything.
Featured issues - Feb 15-21, 2014
Our Country has gone awry, the EPA has stolen 1000 privately owned acres, 46 Senators voted to give our Second Amendment Rights away to the UN and the same dopes are beating the global warming drum despite record cold and snow fall this winter.
Featured Issues - Feb 8-14, 2014
Let's delve into the current state of Congress: if you though the Government was F$%^ed, listen to this. I highlight some of the Dumbest People currently serving us in United States Congress. Also, I never leave out Guns and Obama-care!
Featured issues - Feb 1-7, 2014
Is our government trying to Dumb us down to make it easier to take our Rights away? Join Carl for a few minutes to hear why our leaders believe they are better and more entitled than us. The State of the Union was a bunch of Mis-Represented facts, let’s hear what was the real story ...
Featured issues - Jan 20-26, 2014
Pensions, war in Iraq and the ever evolving battle for our right to bear arms. You don’t want to miss this one folks ...
Featured issues - Jan 13-19, 2014
Featured issues - Jan 6-12, 2014
Featured issues - Dec 30, 2013-Jan 5, 2014
Featured issues - Dec 23-Dec 29, 2013
My Positions on Critical CT-4 Issues
My position on Jobs for CT-4
CT-4 is losing jobs.
- Not because our residents are lazy or uneducated: after all, we are ranked 7th in the nation in graduation rates.
- It is because our economy, locally and nationally, is being squeezed by restrictions and regulations passed by our elected officials. Officials who are bought and paid for by the banks (just as Citibank has done with Connecticut’s current fourth district congressman Jim Himes - his biggest donor with bill 993).
- When small business, which is the backbone of the economy, is regulated by those that have never worked in (nor paid by), you have mounting operational and financial issues.
In short, those who make the regulations simply don’t understand the ramifications of their actions because many have never worked in fields they seek to regulate: it's time to change that!
My position on the Affordable Care Act for CT-4
I support and will make a motion to repeal Obamacare
This will help residents of CT-4 make better and more informed Health Care Choices - without being mandated by the government.
- I will help us return to our traditional healthcare system with one difference, competition across state lines.
My position on Budget & Taxes for CT-4
CT-4 is bleeding jobs and money.
- Across the state, we have had net jobs losses for 30 years now.
- My plan is to legislate dropping corporate taxes to zero percent (0%)! Further, I plan to work with CT State and local governments to ease or eliminate the far too many restrictions already on businesses.
This will help CT-4 businesses to thrive again.
My position on Security, 2nd Amendment & Gun Control for CT-4
Gun laws work in CT-4: Let's not change that!
- Just a few days before the Sandy Hook shooting, Adam Lanza attempted to purchase a gun and was denied.
- Like most criminals, he acquired his gun illegally, so by definition, those with intent to do harm will not comply with current or new laws solely because they are criminals.
We must preserve our national defense and security while allowing individual freedoms to remain guaranteed as they are in our Connecticut and US Constitutions.
My position on Social Issues for CT-4
Simply put, social issues have no place in legislation: either in Congress or in CT-4.
- I have my personal opinions regarding many social issues — abortion, gay rights, etc. They are my views.
These are personal choices and not issues: it should not fall under the purview of any government official or organization to decide what you do with your body or in your home.
My Postions On National Issues
My position on ... Jobs
America needs jobs, as a small business owner, I can tell you what helps drive the private sector and what does not.
- Government jobs do not help America. In fact, they often create additional problems. It is time for the federal government to take its foot off the proverbial neck of the business owner and live up to the term “civil servant.”
- First I propose massive cuts and de-regulation of much of the government’s departments and oversight. Organizations like the Environmental Protection Agency, Internal Revenue Service, Department of Energy, Labor Department, Commerce Department and the Department of Housing and Urban Development among others need to be purged. While they do have beneficial entities and functions, they have grown into multibillion dollar bloated, bureaucratic black holes of regulations that many business owners find themselves spending more time trying to comply with regulations rather than conducting actual business.
How do you cut federal jobs and expand the private sector?
Though incentives and opportunity.
- If we fire 50% of all federal employees, give them one year’s severance pay plus an additional $25,000 grant made payable to any business account those individuals sees fit, we would be saving taxpayers’ money in two years time.
- Now here is how that will boost the economy, while more than half of those people will waste, squander or be unsuccessful in putting that money to good use, a decent sized minority of those people using American ingenuity out of basic financial necessity, will start successful businesses that will employ many of those others that could or would not.
Imagine if 50% of government workers began to create revenue rather than consume it!
My position on... Affordable Healthcare Act (Obama-care)
I support and will motion to repeal Obamacare.
- We must return to our traditional healthcare system with one difference: competition across state lines.
- I rarely support big government spending, however, I do support a federal subsidy for anyone with a pre existing condition who lost his or her insurance as a result of the “Affordable Care Act”.
- The fact of the matter is, not everyone wants health insurance, and as a representative of Connecticut’s fourth district,
I believe that government cannot legislate personal responsibility through an unconstitutional mandate.
My position on ... The Budget
Bottom line, we spend more than we take in. This must be stopped.
I will vote for a balanced budget amendment in addition to proposing that no member of Congress shall be paid until the budget is balanced.
- In a business, the owner is the last one to get paid and if he cannot pay his bills then he does not receive a pay check.
- It is time for reality to set in on Capitol Hill.
I will make this point loud and clear.
My position on ... Taxes
Our tax code requires experts to decipher it, it must be simplified.
- A very simple personal tax code; 10% of your income is taxed with a maximum of $50,000 of deductions. Those who make more will still pay more, and those who make less will pay less everyone will contribute “their fair share”.
- I do not support penalizing the rich, this has lead to the export of millions of jobs and the ultimate loss of revenue.
- With our current corporate tax rate approaching almost half of a company’s revenue, this will be no more.
- Companies will pay 0% on revenue.
- This will leave them more disposable income to expand, hire and pay their employees more.
People making more money will spend more money, in turn growing the economy.
My position on ... National Security
Our national security is weaker now than it ever has been.
- President Obama has weakened our military, degraded relationships with valuable allies such as Israel and allowed our boarders to resemble Swiss cheese. I do not condone foreign aid or nation building, especially in countries that do not reciprocate any loyalty whatsoever.
Fight to win or bring the troops home.
- I don’t believe we should fight a war with American lives on another nation’s terms. My priority is to keep our troops safe at all costs and fight to win. With that said, I believe in live and let live, do not concern ourselves with other country’s sovereignty and internal issues, but if it begins to affect America and her wellbeing, then we will defend ourselves by any and all means necessary.
My stance is that a strong offense is the best defense.
My position on ... 2nd Amendment & Gun Control
Gun Laws Work
- With the recent tragedy at Sandy Hook, I am sympathetic to those who believe in additional gun control, however I can say without a shadow of a doubt that is not the answer.
- Our current gun laws work, just a few days before the shooting, Adam Lanza attempted to purchase a gun and was denied. Like most criminals, he acquired his gun illegally, so by definition, those with intent to do harm will not comply with current or new laws solely because they are criminals.
- The fact is that we have a right, endowed by our creator to “keep and bear arms” not only in our federal constitution but also in section fifteen of the Connecticut constitution.
I will vote NO on any additional gun restriction but I will put more pressure to enforce the laws we currently do have that work.
My position on ... Social Issues
Simply put, they have no place in legislation.
- While I have my personal opinions regarding many social issues — abortion, gay rights, etc. These are my views, and social issues are personal choices.
This is not the purview of a government official to decide what you do with your body or in your home.
If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.